The University of Vienna is the biggest and best-known university in Austria
With some 92,000 students and 9,500 employees the University of Vienna is also the largest university in German-speaking countries. It was founded in 1365 and has 188 faculties in 60 locations all around Vienna.
In December 2010 the university launched a tender to all major IT and telecommunications providers in Austria to offer a complete UC solution for 7,000 to 10,000 end users, which was awarded to Unify.
The university wanted to replace its old legacy system. It also recognized that the system’s international users were becoming more mobile every day, and the need to communicate anywhere on any device was becoming paramount.
A complete solution was designed and implemented to dramatically improve functionality and mobility, while ensuring that services would be more reliable, manageable and flexible. Spanning 40 sites, it included:
- Atos Unify OpenScape Voice V9
- Atos Unify OpenScape Deskphones (OpenStage 60) & Atos Unify OpenScape Soft Clients
- Atos Unify OpenScape UC Application
- Atos Unify OpenScape Xpressions (Voicemail & Fax)
- Exchange integration, Atos Unify OpenScape Contact Center for up to 100 agents, 700 mobile phones integrated via Atos Unify OpenScape Unified Communications & Web collaboration for 50 users
- Atos Unify OpenScape Accounting
- Atos Unify OpenScape Concierge
- Atos Unify OpenScape DLS
The university now has a state-of-the-art IP communications system that was rolled out in a flexible, modular manner.
By supporting “bring your own device” users and giving them control over where and how they communicate, the system has significantly decreased management and maintenance overhead costs, dramatically improved functionality, and enabled full mobility.
Interested in our Solutions?
We have a strong network of partners with varying specialties and locations near you.