Managed communication services bring Solvay 30% cost savings and greater freedoms for its workforce
By committing to a managed services agreement with Atos Unify, chemical group Solvay has centralized its fixed voice infrastructure in Europe and reduced its total cost of ownership (TCO) by 30%. The agreement has also rejuvenated Solvay’s working methods, with staff now relying on the Atos Unify OpenScape UC Application to work remotely, on their preferred mobile device while still staying in full control of their communications.
Lowering TCO was a major driver in Solvay’s decision to upgrade to a centralized, unified communications (UC) network to replace an array of PBXs from different suppliers. And with more than 400 global locations, it actively sought further savings by outsourcing the network’s management and services.
Solvay selected Unify as its preferred supplier because of its ability to provide:
- Integration of multi-vendor PBX platforms, including Atos Unify OpenScape 4000, via a redundant, centralized Atos Unify OpenScape Voice solution
- 6,000-user global implementation covering:
- Atos Unify OpenScape Xpert trading solution
- Atos Unify OpenScape Voice
- Atos Unify OpenScape UC Application, including presence and One Number Service
- Centralized Atos Unify OpenScape Contact Center
- Atos Unify OpenScape Mobility, Web Collaboration, Unified Messaging.
- Call and Admission Control (CAC) for WAN bandwidth optimization, and Quality of Service
A centrally managed UC infrastructure significantly lowers Solvay’s operational costs: a single cabling infrastructure for data, voice and video; simplified processes for moving or adding phones; reduced roaming charges; and greatly lowered international charges. These all lead to significant cost savings – TCO has dropped by 30% as a result.
Additionally, the Atos Unify OpenScape UC Application streamlines business processes and increases the workforce’s availability and productivity. It facilitates a flexible working environment (an appealing proposition for recruiting and retention) giving staff a sense of control and freedom.
Interested in our Solutions?
We have a strong network of partners with varying specialties and locations near you.