“The Reliable One,” Deploys Unify and Lives Up to Its Name.
Orlando’s motto is “The City Beautiful,” and the slogan for the Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC) is “The Reliable One.”
With this motto comes OUC’s intent to provide outstanding service to its 230,000 customers in Orlando, St. Cloud and parts of unincorporated Orange and Osceola counties.
Orlando Utilities Commission turned to Unify to:
- Cut expenses to keep utility rates stable
- Centralize customer service
- Improve customer service with technology
- Improve outage management
- Close walk-in and drive-thru centers
By implementing voice enabled Interactive Voice Response (IVR) to replace legacy Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency Interactive Response (DTMF IVR), OUC made the following internal and external communications improvements:
- Customer focused voice-enabled apps for payments, outage reporting, tree trimming, meter reading, “start”, ”stop” and ”move” service
- Internal applications for automated attendants, help desks and HR personnel
- The ability for all voice enabled applications to support English and Spanish speakers
Unify empowered OUC to improve business communications and collaboration systems as well as enhance business processes to better support their diverse customer population. Benefits achieved:
- Increased completion rate from 54 percent to 65 percent with “start,” “stop,” and “move” availability via speech enabled IVR
- Expanded accessibility to Spanish speaking customers by providing multi-lingual support options
- Processed over 14K calls, over 300 e-checks, 400 credit card payments, and 200 stop service calls in the first weekend alone.
Interested in our Solutions?
We have a strong network of partners with varying specialties and locations near you.