Modernization of the communication system
JSC Georgian State Electrosystem chose InfoTel to supply and implement next-generation telecommunication solutions – a modern, fail-safe unified communications platform Atos Unify OpenScape Voice and Atos Unify OpenScape Contact Center Enterprise.
The Georgian State Electricity System is one of the three companies serving the power grids in Georgia. The company provides transmission and distribution of electricity throughout the territory of Georgia, and at the same time is the only licensee for dispatching. The Georgian State Electricity System includes six regional networks: regional networks of Tbilisi, Imereti, Shida Kartli, Adjara – Guria – Samegrelo, Kvemo Kartli and Kakheti. The National Dispatch Center of the Georgian Power System is located in the center of Tbilisi. The Dispatching Centre is responsible for the operations management of the Georgian power system, maintaining of 500/220/110/35 kV power transmission facilities, and overall stability of the power system. The National Dispatching Center ensures the operation of the power system as a whole in normal and emergency operating modes.
The Georgian State Electric Power System has set the challenge to modernize the communication system which would allow:
- Implementing a complex solution for unified communications, with high availability and unified architecture for the system.
- Reducing possible downtime risks and increasing reliability.
- Reducing communication costs and maintenance expenses.
- Providing a single control center for the existing Atos Unify OpenScape 4000 communication system and new platform.
- Creating a modern contact center to ensure smooth operation of the control center with automatic call distribution functions (ACD), support for operator availability status (Ready/Not Ready/Wrap Up), ability to create an automated interactive voice response (IVR), and support for API, Rest API, XMPP, CTI protocols for integration. The solution must be also scalable, flexible, easier and more cost effective to manage.
Of all the competing offers and proposals, the most functional and optimal priceperformance was the solution from InfoTel. It was a software solution based on Atos Unify OpenScape Voice carrier-grade voice platform and Unify OpenScape Contact Center Enterprise.
With InfoTel and Atos, a new and innovative communication solution has been implemented, ensuring a smooth transition from TDM technology to fully IP in the future. With carrier-grade reliability, high availability and enhanced customer service capabilities, the JSC Georgian State Electrosystem is now well positioned to flexibly meet future communications challenges.Download PDF
Interested in our Solutions?
We have a strong network of partners with varying specialties and locations near you.