Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for Unify Phone Service
Version 1.0 as of March 2022
This AUP is part of the Terms of Service Production (TOSP) for Unify Phone Service.
- 1. Introduction
Unify wants that you enjoy a productive, disruption-free and safe use of Unify Phone Service. This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is designed to prevent abuse of Unify Phone Service. All use of Unify Phone Service is subject to this AUP. In the event of any conflicts between this AUP (in particular its enforcement) and the TOSP, the terms of the TOSP shall prevail. You may have your own acceptable use policy or similar framework of rules and regulations governing the use of your IT-systems (“Customer IT Policies”). You are free to subject your Unify Phone Service Users to such Customer IT Policies and enforce such Customer IT Policies internally, but we cannot address individual Customer IT Policies within Unify Phone Service. You agree and accept that the benchmark for the provision of Unify Phone Service to You shall solely be governed and determined by this AUP.
Capitalized terms used herein have the meaning stated in the TOSP, unless they are explicitly defined otherwise.
- 3. Uses and practices that are not acceptable
- Unify reserves the right to take any unlawful, prohibited, abnormal or unusual activity into account in making its determination. In particular, you will not, and will not allow or instigate third parties or your Guest Users to, use Unify Phone Service: For any unlawful, invasive, infringing, defamatory, or fraudulent purpose;
- For inbound or outbound telemarketing or call center operations;
- To collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from Unify Phone Service and in particular from the Unify Phone Service Directory, save where you have the explicit permission of the affected Unify Phone Service Users;
- With any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “scrapers”, “bots”, “offline readers,” etc., that access Unify Phone Service in a manner that sends more requests, pings or other messages to the systems providing Unify Phone Service than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser;
- To interfere with the use of Unify Phone Service by other Unify Phone Service Users, or the equipment used to provide Unify Phone Service. In particular, you agree not to, and to not allow or instigate third parties, attempt in any way to make an effort to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend the services of a machine or network resource providing Unify Phone Service and render it unavailable e.g. any DoS (Denial of Service)-type or DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service)-type attack;
- To alter, disable, interfere with or circumvent any security or access control aspect of Unify Phone Service;
- To test or reverse-engineer Unify Phone Service in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities or evade filtering capabilities, save where explicitly permitted by Applicable Law.
- You may not resell Unify Phone Service User accounts.
- To the extent Unify Phone Service allows you to make outbound calls through other channels than your own telephone system, you may not call numbers (whether singly, sequentially or automatically) to generate income for yourself or others as a result of placing the call, other than for your individual business communications.
- You may not use unusual calling patterns inconsistent with normal, individual subscription use, for example, regular calls of short duration or calls to multiple numbers in a short period of time.
Unify reserve the right to take similar practices into account in order to determine if a particular behavior is not an acceptable use of Unify Phone Service.
- 4. Reporting Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy
Reports of alleged violations of the AUP should be sent to Unify. Reports should include as much information as possible, in particular your name and contact information, and a description of the alleged violation. Unless otherwise required by Applicable Laws, Unify assume no general duty to respond to alleged violations. Unify will review all verified reports and will take such actions as it deems appropriate in their sole discretion.
- 5. Consequences of violations
Unify, at our option and without liability, permanently or temporarily suspend a Unify Phone Service User account or otherwise refuse to permit access to Unify Phone Service, if Unify determines that the Unify Phone Service User account is used contrary to this AUP or the TOSP. Unify will provide you, your organization’s Customer Contact and the Unify Phone Service Tenancy Administrator with notice of improper usage before suspension or termination of the relevant Unify Phone Service User account, unless due to the nature of the usage it is essential to act as quickly as possible to prevent damage. In particular but without limitation, Unify may do so if Unify becomes aware of any of the following prohibited actions:
- An attempt to interfere with, or compromise the integrity or security of, or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from, the servers and other underlying infrastructure running or providing Unify Phone Service;
- Any action that imposes, or, as determined by Unify at our sole discretion, may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the servers and other underlying infrastructure running or providing Unify Phone Service;
- An attempt to interfere with the proper working of Unify Phone Service or to bypass the security measures Unify may use to prevent or restrict access to Unify Phone Service, including, but not limited to, registering with an invalid email address.
Note that in case of a service suspension due to an AUP violation by Customer or its users there will be no refund for the Unify Phone licenses purchased by Unify or Accredited Reseller.
- 6. Changes to this AUP
Unify encourages you to periodically review this AUP. This AUP may occasionally be updated to reflect customer feedback, changes in Unify Phone Service, and updates to Applicable Laws. Prior to making such changes effective, You and your organization will be notified by Unify in advance through the Customer Contact by email.