The new OpenScape Business V2R7 - ensures business continuity and growth
Our latest software release OpenScape Business V2R7, which is our All-In-One Telephony and UC solution targeting small and medium businesses towards our Sales Partners, delivers additional UC capabilities, enhanced Circuit Connectivity and much more. And, with the new and upcoming V3 – we make OpenScape Business future ready. Let´s power up your growing business!
The new OpenScape Business V2R7 Release is planned to be released by the end of July 2019.
Based on your feedback we are excited to provide the following enhancements in OpenScape Business V2R7:
- myPortal @work – enhanced VoIP capabilitites: The included WebRTC-based Softphone can now be used for remote workers (device@home) as well. We will also support myPortal @work for Apple MAC customers.
- OpenScape Business Circuit Connector enhancements: We continuously enhance the powerful hybrid cloud solution OpenScape Business + Circuit, now with the ability to start up conferences/merge calls from the Circuit client, supporting seamless call swipe transfer from Circuit to the OpenScape Business desk phone (and vice versa), and providing busy notifications.
- UC Suite Improvements: We have listened and have fulfilled your requests to optimize our UC Suite solution in areas of Chat, now enhanced with persistent chat capability. And, eFax can now be run as a standalone service, with an optimized tray pop up and much more. Also, there is a new visual wallboard for the Contact Center.
- Microsoft Active Directory Integration: As highly requested feature by many Partner technicians and customer administrators with the global Microsoft Active Directory Service, which can now be used as a centralized user directory to sync with the OpenScape Business database. This will reduce effort for first installation and streamline ongoing configuration changes.
- Serviceability: To further streamline up configuration, there is a new UC Suite Installer, with hotkeys that can now be assigned as a profile to all users. Also, the Circuit configuration wizard has been improved.
The outlook for OpenScape Business V3:
As previously presented during our 2019 Annual Partner Conference in Budapest, we want to make our OpenScape Business ready for the future while providing investment protection. The upcoming version 3 of OpenScape Business, planned for end of 2019, we will provide a new mainboard to fulfill future requirements in performance, scalability, security and much more. The first step will be the release of the new X8 mainboard. Beyond that, the new mainboard for the other X-systems will follow by mid-2020.
All Customers with a valid Software Support contract can benefit from the latest V2R7 Software Release, which is also the perfect base to migrate to OpenScape Business V3 in the future. To prepare for the market introduction and become familiar with the highlights to communicate to your customers, we will offer Webinars by mid-July 2019. The V2R7 features and functions mentioned above are subject to change until the Global Release date.
For now, all the best. Your OpenScape Business Team.