5 ways that call reporting is transforming contact centres
By James Emm, Director of strategic partnerships at Oak Innovation.
With the launch of Evolve reporting and analytics for OpenScape Business, Oak Innovation’s James Emm explores the must-have features sending ripples through the industry.
The concept of call reporting may be nothing new, but today’s forward-thinking systems are a long way from the mere billing and call monitoring tools of yesteryear.
Harnessing the latest technology for the often fast-paced and reactive contact centre environment, the best reporting solutions bring greater insight into what’s happening on the floor right now, give you better control over agent and call activity, and deliver more detailed and accurate reports on demand.
The result? More informed and engaged contact centre management and teams, whether your focus is sales or service.
So what should you be looking for in a best-fit solution for your business? We’ve picked five key features proven to deliver that all-important added value.
1. Real-time reporting Legacy reporting solutions only produced historic reports, which took time to produce and so were often only processed by supervisors once or twice a day. CTI technology now means calls can be viewed in ‘real-time’ and reports quickly produced on-demand. So you can see exactly what’s happening in your call centre at any given time, making it much easier to manage spikes in traffic, spot trends, and nip potential problems in the bud before they escalate.
2. Live wallboards Popularly used in a range of environments, from competitive sales scenarios to tracking hunt group and departmental progress. Whilst wallboards have come under fire in high-pressure environments, used wisely they provide key ‘information at a glance’ that helps keep a handle on wait times, queue length etc., as well as incentivising employees to manage their own performance.
3. Cradle-to-grave call tracking It’s rarely so simple that an incoming call goes straight to an agent and ends there; it often has to bypass auto-attendants and be sent to other team-members or departments. Your reporting solution needs to keep up, distinguishing an auto-attendant from a real person so your customer wait times are accurate, and be able to follow transfers between extensions and around hunt groups so you know who was involved in dealing with the customer.
4. Lost call capture A missed call doesn’t have to be a missed business opportunity; the right reporting solution gives you have a chance to win it back. As well as useful information about lost calls, such as the percentage of total calls these include, you can have a list of numbers to work back through at a quieter time in the day.
5. Triple-play flexibility Contact centres come in all shapes and sizes and a solutions often needs to work in a number of different hosting environments: on-site, in a data-centre or virtualised. For contact centres, these means a greater capacity to manage big increases in call volume and the opportunity to set up training scenarios.
Unify’s commitment to providing businesses across the globe with excellence, innovation, and flexibility includes the very latest in call reporting. Oak Innovation’s award-winning Evolve reporting and analytics for contact centres has been optimised for OpenScape Business, for a double-dose of sought-after functionality and results.
For more information contact Oak Innovation. Tel: 0800 9889 625. www.oak.co.uk/evolve
About Oak Innovation:
Founded in 1986, Oak Innovation started as primarily a Call Management Solutions provider. The company proceeded to grow, propelled forward by its reputation for pioneering and cost effective call recording, call reporting and evaluation solutions, that provide vital insights to inform business decisions, help motivate and support their team, and enhance the customer experience.
Oak works closely with organisations of all shapes and sizes, as well as key industry manufacturers, to create customisable solutions that support business goals and work seamlessly with other systems. Oak has deployed more than 50,000 systems across the globe and provides reseller and end-user training, project-management, technical support, and service-level packages - including critical assistance - to optimise every system’s potential.