New OpenScape Business V3 – increased productivity and business
We are excited to announce that OpenScape Business Version 3 is available. The new version delivers enhanced security, future-proof technology, additional UC capabilities, direct video streaming, optimizations with LDAPS support, and Telephony Connector enhancements with Circuit to increase productivity and business continuity.
OpenScape Business is our "All in One" UC Solution which uniquely simplifies communications. SMB customers receive voice, presence, mobility, collaboration, and seamless integration into the office and mobile applications in an easy-to-purchase and future-proof deployment model, allowing them to serve their customers better - all while reducing communication costs.
One of the key enhancements of OpenScape Business Version 3 will be the introduction of new future-proof technology and therefore we will launch the solution in three simple steps.
In June we are starting to release the new Version 3 software to existing OpenScape Business V2 deployments (X1, X3, X5, X8, and S) followed by the release of the new OpenScape Business X8 mainboard in July and new OpenScape Business X1/X3/X5 mainboards in Q4/2020.
Based on customers and partners feedback we are excited to announce the following three key enhancements:
Future proof technology ensures investment protection, business continuity, and security
- Technology upgrade (available July 2020): The new powerful X8 mainboard makes OpenScape Business future-proof and ready for further requirements, innovations, and security demands. The new standardized mainboard provides faster CPU performance and access to new technology items e.g. Quick Assist Technology, SSD, FPGA, and Gigabit ethernet. There will be no further need for UC Booster Card and Server, which enables a smooth migration path, simplifies installation, and configuration while delivering investment protection to customers.
Satisfy customer needs with powerful integrations and a broad range of devices choice
- myPortal @work – enhanced UC capabilities: Enhancements for the Unified WebRTC based Telephony & UC Client, Headset CTI Control for Jabra and Plantronics, and a new API that offers additional features for UC Suite, such as Favorite Handling, User Settings and much more.
- Video Streaming: Video Streaming will be available with OpenScape DeskPhone CP600 (HFA) and software V1R4 allowing direct video streaming between the phone and IP cameras. This supports up to 4 cameras on different CP600 phones which can be assigned to devices such as door openers. H.264 and H.263 video standards are supported.
- Further OpenScape Business Circuit Connector enhancements: Customers can now combine the corporate telephony of their small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with Circuit Team collaboration even better. The secure connection to the Telephony Connector supports Camp-On, Alternative Number, and Snooze Interworking.
Simplified installation and configuration keep operational and maintenance costs low
- General optimizations: We are following up on the Microsoft Active Directory Integration we have started with V2R7. With V3 we are now offering LDAPS Support for Microsoft Active Directory. Furthermore, we improved the WBM security by hardening the access, simplified the UC licensing, and deliver an easy migration and upgrade path from earlier product versions.
With those new feature enhancements OpenScape Business allows small to medium sized businesses to deploy to a full All-In-One UC solution, with the easiest low-cost path, whenever the business is ready. Our OpenScape Business V3 solution helps to serve customers even better, while enhancing employee satisfaction by giving them the tools to get more done from anywhere with low operational costs.